Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet from 1988 to 1990 and President of the Soviet Union from 1990 to 1991). Dated 08/21/1990.
My humble plans for a future global system:
These are certain ideas I have for individual and social transformation after Sahaja Yoga has established awareness of ‘collective consciousness’. (This is the state one achieves as a result of his internal transformation through Self-Realisation. He also feels the All-pervading Power of Love that does all living work. As a result one sees the world as one nation, one sees one truth about human beings and their different ideologies. One develops a truly global perspective.
I believe that you are very much a person who can have this perspective and that you can plan for our common future.
The state of ‘collective consciousness’ that I refer to will give us the sustaining strength and wisdom that we need in pursuit of Global Government. Through this state of consciousness we can easily develop:
1) A political system that will easily secure effective participation in decision-making, not according to selfish Interest, but in accordance with the laws of Truth.
2) A balanced economic system catering for the essential requirements of human Consumption based on the barter system. A truly global system would provide the machinery for evaluating the right ratio of distribution according to supply and demand, but even more importantly, on a truly humanitarian basis.
3) A social system based on righteous and noble values can be developed without any problems or disharmony, because with collective consciousness each individual can feel contented only if the whole collective is contented.
4) The manufacture of machine-made goods should be balanced with hand-made products, with full consideration given to Mother Earth and ecological problems. If more artistic goods are produced, the consumption of matter will be less, because people will want to preserve such things.
5) Technological systems can be worked out by truly benevolent scientists to provide for the essential as well as the highest human needs according to the law of benevolence, instead of enhancing so-called progress which is fuelled by the human weaknesses of lust and greed.
6) A global system can be set up to preserve all those cultures that are benevolent in nature and to foster mutual respect and co-operation between all kinds of races and cultures.
7) A global educational system can be made simpler for children and concentrate more on making them compassionate and dynamic, proficient in their own language, as well as one or two international languages.
8) An administrative system can be developed that is run by mature, saintly people, who are flexible and have a capacity for self-correction.
These idealistic ideas may sound fantastic and impracticable but with the dimensions that we touch in our awareness of collective consciousness, I have found from my personal experience that, they are in fact very easy to execute. In Sahaja Yoga we have thousands of Yogis from at least forty five nations and I have found out that these ideas are working very smoothly amongst them on a very down-to-earth level. Thus the ideals have become concrete truths in the light of glorious reality.
The door of Sahaja Yoga is open to everyone and every human being can achieve collective consciousness. The only problem is, that the freedom of choice of the individual has to be respected because he has ultimately to enter the area of total freedom. Thus there may be many who may not sincerely seek their salvation. But if later on they see the multitude of Realised Souls enjoying the bliss or collective consciousness, they may also desire to get into their higher evolutionary process. This is how all evolutionary processes have worked in nature.
The guiding and controlling force that acts is the Spirit. This is the collective being within us which manifests in our attention and makes us collectively conscious. We can then feel our subtle centres and those of others – on our finger tips. Once we learn how to correct them, we can easily overcome all our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual problems. In this way we are creating a new angelic society which ultimately solves all man-made collective problems : Immorality and poverty, violence and corruption, destructive personal habits of human beings like alcoholism and drug abuse, problems of ecology, of economic exploitation and aggression, narrow nationalism, religious fundamentalism and the scourge of war. These are the cancers of modern times, because so-called human freedom has allowed man to blindly jump into a greater darkness of ignorance.
My humble suggestions for immediate measures: –
Privatisation of the production of consumer goods in bigger factories by making the workers shareholders. In smaller factories give full freedom to the workers to open new factories.
For very big industries that are not producing consumer goods, foreign collaboration should be secured with regard to technology, management and capital investment.
There should be an announcement of global policy, with the government concentrating on improving the infrastructure: transport, communications, energy, water, special courts for industrial arbitration and conciliation.”