Who we are
We are Sahaja Yogis, makers of the amruta.org website and owners of the amruta.org website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
- WPML cookies – these are used by the WPML plugin to identify the preferred user’s language as our site is multilingual.
- Toolset plugin cookies – this is used by the Toolset plugin (Toolset Types) to properly provide functionality based on user status.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos and Soundcloud audios, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Data collected by the Amruta.org
Amruta.org will prompt you and require explicit action, asking you if you want to share with us this information. If you decline, it will not collect any data whatsoever.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- Amazon SES – we use this services to manage mailing to our users. What is shared are user contact details (user email).
- Cloudflare. All data passed to or from this website pass through the worldwide network of CloudFlare, Inc. The data is buffered, accesses are logged. Hereby, the nearest data center is regularly used. CloudFlare also operates data centers outside the European Union. According to CloudFlare, the cached data are basically deleted within 4 hours, but at the latest after three days. For more information, see CloudFlare’s Privacy Statement here.
Who can see my personal information
If you are not a registered user in our site, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a user with a Amruta.org account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our System administrator
How long we retain your data
If you register on our website, we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
Inactive accounts policy
In general, users are expected to be active members within the Amruta.org community. If an account is found to be overly inactive, the account may be reclaimed by Amruta.org without notice. Inactivity may be considered as:
- Not logging into the site for at least six months