Jai Shri Mataji
Dear Sahaj family
You can have the privilege to participate in the fundamental and beautiful work of preserving and distributing the talks of Shri Mataji.
Beside the work for the website, we want to publish beautiful books with the talks of Shri Mataji (See the project of Nirmala Vidya Collection) and the source for such books can only be transcripts that are properly verified.
To perform this work, you just need to have a very good english and be at ease with any editor tool like word or google docs.
For the 100y celebration of the birthday of Shri Mataji the first book will be concerning the talks of Ganesha Pujas. So we absolutely need to focus on those talks first. Here is how to proceed:
- Ask by email [email protected] which talk you can verify. You will get the word document with the already transcribed talk and the link to listen to the talk on Amruta.
- Open the document in Word and please activate the tracking changes (go to Review /Track changes) so we can see which changes you have made on the original transcribed talk. This will allow also to modify the subtitles and inform the translation teams about the changes.
- Listen to the talk you have to verify. Headphones can be very handy to hear the talk more clearly. Take your time to listen and repeat the listening if it is not completely clear. It is important to do precise work.
- Part of the talks that are not clear (unreadable/cannot be heard/do not know the word), should be mentioned by [UNCLEAR] or [UNCLEAR text], where text is your best guess, or use [UNCLEAR text1/text2], where text1 and text2 are your best guesses (you are sort of double minded).
- Please do not use italics/bold tags
- For more tips and rules about transcription read and use the document: Style Guide for transcription).
- Enjoy it and please take your time. Once your work is completed, please go to www.grammarly.com and re-check the transcript (we use British English language).
- Save the talk and send it to email [email protected]
Outside the book projects, here is a brief instruction on how to transcribe talks and verify existing transcripts on Amruta.org
- Choose a talk you want to transcribe/translate/verify in the list under.
Please keep in mind that talks marked as Transcription in Progress! are already taken!
If you can’t type in Hindi/Marathi you might want to check this website.
- Send the link with the chosen talk to [email protected] (once confirmed the talk will then also be marked as Transcription in Progress! )
- Write the transcript in any text editor is fine.
IMPORTANT! Please, firstly transcribe 3-5 sentences and search on amruta if the transcript is unique.
- To verify a talk, copy the text from Amruta also in any editor and do the correction with the tracking changes enabled for example via google docs.
- If you can not transcribe something (unreadable/cannot be heard/do not know the word), either use [UNCLEAR] or [UNCLEAR text], where text is your best guess, or use [UNCLEAR text1/text2], where text1 and text2 are your best guesses (you are sort of double minded).
- Do not use italics/bold tags (Read a document: Style Guide for transcription)
- Headphones are mostly advised for this work and of course it has to be done in proper condition and vibrations.
- Re-check the transcript, once your work is completed, with www.grammarly.com (we use British English language).
- Send the transcribed or verified document or the link to the document to [email protected] once it’s all finished. And choose another one 😇
What are we speaking about?There are 175 talks in English which need to be transcribed, 1609 talks in English which need to be verified, 193 talks in Hindi which need to be transcribed, 184 talks in Hindi which need to be verified, 148 talks in Marathi which need to be transcribed, 72 talks in Marathi which need to be verified.
Talks to transcribe
Talks to verify
Already-transcribed English talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Hindi talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Marathi talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Hindi talks that need to be translated into English are here.
Already-transcribed Marathi talks that need to be translated into English are here.
Talks to translate
Jai Shri Mataji