Jai Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi!
We need your help to finish this very joyful, privileged task of completing all the transcripts of Shri Mataji’s words. Would you like to help us? If so join in the blissful and extremely vibrationally rewarding task of transcribing the Pure Knowledge and cataloguing it in Amruta.org.There are 85 talks in English which need to be transcribed, 1611 talks in English which need to be verified, 182 talks in Hindi which need to be transcribed, 188 talks in Hindi which need to be verified, 102 talks in Marathi which need to be transcribed, 77 talks in Marathi which need to be verified.
A quote from the Sheffield talk about transcribing
“Now editing: once you have transcribed somebody has to edit it also. Not like Indians – when I speak I say sometimes, “You see,” “Do you understand?” All these things need not be there but they think that nothing should be missed of Mother. But I would say that something is needed. I mean, you cannot go on just adding these things after all. So we can remove some of these things, this type of pauses that I have used. Because talking is different from writing. But in any case when you do it I’ll have to go through them before we publish them. But so many lectures of mine have duplicates, repetitions.
So once you have done [the] transcription then we can see that, we can adjust. Sometimes certain things are to be said once, sometimes twice, and sometimes hundred and eight times. For example, “I am not guilty.”” 1981-09-21
Dear Sahaja Yogi/Yogini, here is a brief instruction on how to transcribe talks and correct existing transcripts on Amruta.org
- Please choose a talk you want to transcribe/translate/verify.
Untranscribed English talks are here.
Untranscribed Marathi talks are here.
Untranscribed Hindi talks are here.
Already-transcribed English talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Hindi talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Marathi talks that need to be verified are here.
Already-transcribed Hindi talks that need to be translated into English are here.
Already-transcribed Marathi talks that need to be translated into English are here.
Verified English talks that need to be translated into Hindi are here.
Verified English talks that need to be translated into Marathi are here.
Verified English talks without subtitles are here.
Please keep in mind that the talks marked as Transcription in Progress! are already taken!
If you can’t type in Hindi/Marathi you might want to check this website.
- Send the link with the chosen talk to [email protected] (once confirmed the talk will then also be marked as Transcription in Progress! )
- Where to write the transcripts? It is entirely up to you, any text editor is fine. If you are verifying a talk, please send the file with the tracking changes enabled for example via google docs.
- Please, firstly transcribe 3-5 sentences and search on amruta if the transcript is unique.
- If you can not translate something (unreadable/cannot be heard/do not know the word), either use [UNCLEAR] or [UNCLEAR text], where text is your best guess, or use [UNCLEAR text1/text2], where text1 and text2 are your best guesses (you are sort of double minded).
- Please do not use italics/bold tags (Read a document: Style Guide for transcription)
- Do not forget about the headphones!
- Enjoy it and please take your time. Once your work is completed, please go to www.grammarly.com and re-check the transcript (we use British English language).