Talk to Sahaja Yogis, Athens, Greece, April 25th, 1993
Sahaja Yogi: We are working very hard there, all of them are working very hard for your coming here, Mother.
Shri Mataji: Very sweet of you.
Sahaja Yogi: With a lot of love.
Shri Mataji: Very sweet of you really. Because there are so many seekers in Greece, I was sure about it. You have to tap the real people. And all these false Gurus did not come here, maybe. I don’t think they came. Did they?
Sahaja Yogi: Most of them, they were not allowed to come in.
Shri Mataji: Like Rajneesh was not allowed.
Sahaja Yogi: Was not allowed. Maharashi, something like that, was not allowed. Some other fellow was not allowed to come in. And because Greek people don’t have too much money, so these false gurus do not prospect here.
Shri Mataji: So they’re not attracted.
Sahaja Yogi: They were not attracted.
[Shri Mataji is laughing.]
Shri Mataji: That’s very true.
[Someone offers a Coca-Cola drink.]
All right, thank you.
So now what’s the program? You tell Me.
Sahaja Yogi: Today Mother, rest for you Mother. You’ll be resting and tomorrow there will be by your grace a puja at the new centre. After tomorrow, it’s a press day. And Wednesday the public program.
Shri Mataji: But when is the puja?
Sahaja Yogi: Tomorrow. Tomorrow?
Shri Mataji: What time?
Sahaja Yogi: Any time, Mother, You also. After all, night?
Shri Mataji: Whatever suits, I mean, normally, whaterver time I give is that suits [unsure]. It’s for you do decide.
[Shri Mataji is laughing.]
It’s a fact, I mean, I give you some time, this time they say: “It’s the puja.” Then I say: “All right.”
Whatever 10 o’clock, 11 o’clock, 12 o’clock, nobody called Me. I said: “Now what is it? Am I going to go on my own?” They were preparing, your know, decoring things this size. So I said: “Whenever is the right time, then only you ‘ll finish, whatever it is.”
I’m not sure I mean right [unsure]. It’s not going to work out.
I was just ready in time.
So when you are ready you call Me, I’ll be there.
Let’s keep it like that, hopefully. ause I don’t want to call you about it.
You’ll be very busy collecting everything, hurring up.
Sahaja Yogi: The first time You did one night.
Shri Mataji: Hum?
Sahaja Yogi: The first time you came, Shri Mataji, for the Athena puja. We had said in the morning when it was the afternoon, then when You had a rest, everybody slept.
Shri Mataji: Yes.
Sahaja Yogi: And when we arrived to the program, late, how late, just after the puja we went to the program.
Shri Mataji: Just watch out you take it easy. You see, we have to take very easy all these things. There should not be any hard and fast rule about it.
I’ll have some water.
You cannot make any hard and fast rule about it, that’s the point. Just that whenever it is auspicious that works out.
One day in Lonavala, we had arranged a program at 11 0’clock or something. I didn’t say anything, you see, then after 11 0’clock, I was sitting still there. They said, “Mother, the Puja is…,” I said, “Alright, I’m coming, coming.”
Then 12 0’clock I went for a bath, so they said, “Now, why Mother is taking so much time.” Then about, I came out about 1 0’clock and I said, “Say 1:30 we’ll have Puja,” – they couldn’t understand it. I said, “Alright, bring the Indian calendar. See when is the…,” So the, what you call the night when there is no, when there’s no moon, you see – we call that – when there’s no moon – In English? – I mean, in, in – – I don’t know. – I don’t know what you call that. – Dark night. – Dark night – Dark night In Sanskrit, we call it Amavasya. I said, “See, how far is Amavasya?” They said, “Mother, it is 1:30.”
I said, “See. How could you start your Puja at, before 1:30?” So they were all… But we don’t have to see any calendar – it just works out alright. But in nowadays we don’t observe anything like that but at least the day when it is dark night one should not have a Puja – that’s one thing for sure. But I don’t know if you have got English, Indian calendar in English. – I’m not sure; We don’t have. – I should get some for all of you – I’ll give you as a present. – Indian calendar goes with the moon or the Sun? – In India they still believe in all this very much, you see.
– Does it go with the moon or with the Sun, Mother? – Annh? – Does it go with the moon or with the Sun? – Moon – Not with the Sun – like Muslims have – Yeah. So, like Eid, you see, comes on the Navratri day. First Navratri day there is Eid and another Navratri is Navroz of the, you see, Persian. Since all ancient times, I think, everywhere there was moon only but in modern times their main it is Sun with 365 days fixed. Only one day is fixed – is the 14th of January when they change, the Sun changes it’s axis to this side; That’s the only thing. We call it as Sankranti. I mean, I’m sure, in these also they must be knowing all about [UNCLEAR]; Horoscope has come from Greece only.
– from these people. It must have come from India – India – but later on it was developed. But the Western horoscope is made out according to the Sun – like a circle and a thing in the middle but Indian is made like a square. I don’t know – how is a Greek horoscope? – Mother, don’t know. – Anybody knows about Greek horoscope? It’s round, it’s round – It’s round – then it’s with the Sun. But Indian is square – they have a square. Mine starts from the zero, in the centre – it goes all over. You’re the centre of the – We have a lot of new people, Mother, here – I know – They see You for the first time and – Tell Me their names.
Alright, this is [UNCLEAR] ex-colleague of mine at, we used to work together – in the Shipping Corporation of my father-in-law – [UNCLEAR] that Company with a special project – Really? – and see what happened? – He used to work at my father-in-law office – haan – and – Your father-in-law’s in the Shipping? – Yes, Mother. – I didn’t know that. – Must be knowing My husband. – Yes, he knows – he knows, he must know – he knows. – Hmm – This is Effy. We met – she was in the Olympic race at the airport – Yeah This is the Pablos, over there. – This is [UNCLEAR] – Jai Shri Mataji.
These are two, his children – his daughter Harula and [UNCLEAR] He must be [UNCLEAR] so clearly and this is the children of Elizabeth – Madhavi and, Madhavi and Devarshi. Elizabeth, where are you? She’s somewhere around here. – She’s not. – This is Yuli This is – what’s the – [UNCLEAR – VICKY OR RICKY? ], sister of [UNCLEAR – EFFY?] – [UNCLEAR] – [UNCLEAR] – Marina – Angelica – What’s her name? – Angelica – I think, that she got married, Mother, this year, in India – Achcha! – with [UNCLEAR – VARSHA OR HRISHA?] – [UNCLEAR] Let’s do, which means, somewhere in [UNCLEAR] – Angelica and Hrisha are married – This is [UNCLEAR] – Yeah, they were married, I know.
– This is Damas, a journalist – Haan Nicos, a photographer, Hailey This is Evvy, the wife of [UNCLEAR] and the mother of these two kid children – Yana – Yana, I know [UNCLEAR] Claus, from Germany, married to Poppy – [UNCLEAR] is in India, Mother, for all the blessings and all the gifts from Maria – [UNCLEAR] Where’s Poppy? Poppy is here and she’ll be going to Germany soon with Claus – You are in, where Frankfurt or Munich? – Munich – Munich Philip was there, this time. He was very anxious that I should go to Germany but Munich, I don’t go normally now. East, because of Berlin – I’ll be there in Berlin – This is Katherina, You know – Yes, I know – and Stephanos – [UNCLEAR – I SEE?] – [UNCLEAR], Katy, Elinos, You know – Sir names are difficult. – Yes. [NAMES UNCLEAR] – Katherina – Katherina? Katherina. I don’t know your names. Over there it’s – [UNCLEAR] can come this side.
– That’s why, Mother, we need a bigger centre, You know. – Really, must be big. I don’t know how you manage the small one now and it will be growing and growing and growing. Didn’t tell his name? – This is Demitrus, a new sahaja yogi – Demitrus – Demitrus and Katherina over there and this is Flora. She works in a TV channel. Mother, by Your, she will take an interview, by Your Grace 15 minutes, in a very good channel, here This is Demitrus, Unisyss – sorry – Unisyss, he’s a excellent violin player, Mother. – Really! – Violin – he plays excellent violin So, a few names. [UNCLEAR – ITHUYANIA?]
is out there; She’s an actress – over there. and then we have Ithuyania, Eleni next to her, we have Patros [UNCLEAR] Patros; He’s been to India many times but had very bad experiences with first guru, Mother, but and this is Andrea [UNCLEAR] – come along – She’s [UNCLEAR] Schooling of Mining at Institute of Research; – I used to do Computer Science research and she be a colleague of mine. – I see. – For most of you, I’m sorry, I don’t know your names. Any other Greeks there? – Yes. – This is [UNCLEAR] photographer – Sit down – This is due to sahaja yoga, they are winning all the prizes in photography – Really? – Yes, Nico [UNCLEAR] – Developed a new eye-sight – Yes, Mother. Not [UNCLEAR] That happens everywhere. Apart from that, you get sometimes these miraculous photographs We have, I think, brought for you the miraculous photographs.
– Jai Shri Mataji – brought them for you – Jai shri Mataji – and – Now also there is Laila – come along – [UNCLEAR] – Laila, yes and [GREEK CONVERSATION] – Laila? – Yes, Mother – See, this is an Indian name. Laila. We had a lady called Laila and her lover was Majnu and they both died ultimately [UNCLEAR] – and very surprisingly, it’s a tragedy.[UNCLEAR] how beautiful – Yes, Mother – Beautiful! – This is a temple of Zeus – This is Zeus temple here, Mother – Zeus? – Zeus – Zeus – Is that the Zeus? – This is Zeus temple. – Which one is that? – This one in the corner.
– After St. George – Zeus – Zeus. – He’s Parshurama – Yes, Mother – the temple of Shri Parshurama – He was, his vow was broken by Rama, you know. Know the story of – – No Mother. – You know the story – I thought, he was the same Incarnation at different time – Annh? – I thought he was different time – No, no, he came before – Before – He came to announce Shri Rama’s this thing I was reading, before Sahaja yoga, Mother, a beautiful book by who Adiguru Dattatreya was giving instructions to Parshurama Of course. Not only that but he, since he played a very big role in India also he was, he had a, a thunderbolt as his ayudha and also he had a bow and a that – What do you call that – bow and a – Arrows, arrows – bow and arrows, yeah and he kept it with this father of Sita – Janaka because Janaka was the Adi Dattatreya; He taught him so he kept with him that “You keep it with you.” And he said, “Except for the, for the Incarnation of Vishnu no one can lift this – it is so heavy, no one can lift even.” So he, Sita came and She just lifted it just like that like a play. So, then he realized that She must be something great. Then he said that, “Her husband, whosoever will be the Incarnation of Shri Vishnu.”
Then it so happened that some marriage was announced and as we have in India, you know, swayamvara, that the girl, the girl has to go and choose her husband and for a princess, all the kings and kings of very great nations were sitting there different, different kings and one of them was Ravana also, so no body could lift it even. Ravana lifted it but it fell on him and he just fell down, so Sita laughed at it, you see [UNCLEAR] Then Shri Rama came and He just picked it up, like this and He put the arrow, you see, so Sita garlanded Him; She knew, of course, who He was but when he did that, you see, it broke also – uh.. his – He broke – He broke it, Shri Rama broke it [UNCLEAR] broken, we can say. He didn’t deliberately do. So, this Zeus came. He was a very hot-tempered fellow, this Parshurama – Yes, Mother. – Really known to be very right-sided, you see – Greek after all [LAUGHTER] So, he got very angry, “How dare you break my uh.. this thing, bow and, who are You and this is,” started shouting at Him. So, Lakshman got very angry. He said, “I’ll show you who He is just now. Come and fight with me,” and so Rama said, “Keep quiet.It’s alright, it’s alright, it’s just,” and then he realized that Shri Rama is the advent which he had to, he had to profess, you see, before that. As like, before Christ came John, the Baptist, you see, so then Parshurama then said that, “This is the Incarnation of Shri Vishnu.
That’s the only one who was going to lift my bow.” So, that’s how first of all, Shri Rama was told but Shri Rama had forgotten because He had to become absolutely a human-being, so he had forgotten about His own Incarnation within Him. The first time He was told that He is the Incarnation, so that’s how it worked out – but you all have God’s like this Poseidon and all that but we have Varuna, – Yes, Shri Mataji – Indra; Indra also, you have, I think, the King of all the Gods – who is He? – Zeus is the King of all Gods – No, Indra – Indra [UNCLEAR] – Annh? – Indra, [UNCLEAR], Varuna were earlier Gods in Greece – Indra, Varuna Indra and Varuna but I understand Varuna was to worship as God of the [UNCLEAR] Mataji – Varuna was the same as this Lord of the Sea – Poseidon Lord of the Sea – Poseidon was Varuna The mythology, Mother, says that the goddess of Sea now, was, came out of the head of Zeus – Of? – the head of Zeus and She was [UNCLEAR -PROSTRATING?] Her arrow, say Kundalini, [UNCLEAR] palas – palo means vibrate. She used to vibrate. Palas – Palo is a word which means to vibrate; So She has now Palas because she was vibrating the, what we call it, sphere. Sphere – the ball which goes like that – sphere – and they say that it came on top of the head of Zeus – which is probably the Kundalini, Mother.
– Yes, of course, it is that only. But lots of things were changed also, I don’t know why, but they made all the gods look like ordinary people and gave them all the weaknesses, everything attached to them. But there are two things – one is the devas – these are devas – Poseidon and all these are devas and Devatas are the ones which are on your centres, so they’re absolutely Pure, pure Gods because they’re all fixed identities and they’re absolutely pure; They cannot behave like human-beings. See there are Divine, all of them but they’re fixed, you know. They know what to do, what they have to do, how to, sort of, manifest the Divine laws – everything they know and they are fixed like that and they know how it is to be done, like, as if the whole instrument is made and everybody is made to sit on their own seats and they’re working out their own offices, like that, so it’s a two, two types of devas were there. One, the ones which were on the right side and this, this place was described in the Devi Mahatma as Manipur e dweep. See, this is the Manipur, means Nabhi chakra, the Nabhi and I told you when I went to Delphi which is the Nabhi. You see, they also say now, that it is the, the navel of the Universe – they say so. If you go there, they tell you like this and there I saw Shri Ganesha sitting, very nicely, so it’s all just works out. Even Athena has a Child God.
You see, in the temple if you go, there’s a Child God sitting there. and they say, “This is because of Athena. She didn’t want anybody to enter into Her home – temple;” It’s very surprising. It is, even the steps are three and a half steps are like three – one, two, three and then the second one is half of that and they, they said that, “They are little bit bending like that.” so if you put them through the whole of the world, they will form a circle. Haan. What they say is that the comfort from stairs compensates that the straight line seems to be cut convex, seems from far away – but the truth comes around – Yes, this is three and a half coils of the Kundalini and the Athenician also has in Her hand, you know, the Kundalini is there. I mean, it’s all was there and I went and saw the Curator at that time when I first came here. I saw the Curator at the museum and I asked him about Athena. They said, “You see, we used to worship Her as a senior Goddess but then, some people went to India and they found out that they were, there was not only one Athena but three they form, She went into three forms; In India they told us, so we believe now there are three forms,” but they don’t know into details.
See, it’s a more sort of move on understanding – from books you won’t get the knowledge. But they did say that now we will learnt India that there are three forms of Athena. Maha Kali, Maha Laxmi, Maha Saraswati, you see, but they didn’t know all that, you see, the details and all that. Actually, even in the Indian Scriptures it’s not so well connected. We don’t know how to connect this into that but only in Sahaja yoga you understand their connections. Yeah. Now, can I go ahead, Mother, for few more names? Anna, you’re there – this is Anna – Michael’s mother and they are sitting. And Ellinscope is here? No – Elizabeth is there – come along – Hello!
– from Austria [CONVERSATION IN GREEK] and this is Christos over there sitting – Christos, a new sahaja yogi – What name you say? – Christos – from Christ – Yes – is the husband of Gregora – [UNCLEAR] – My name? – No – Christos. Now Christos is say, Christ. Is from Christ – Christos – [UNCLEAR] – Christos is the name of Christ. [UNCLEAR – CHRISAKIS?] – Chrisakis – Chrisakis – Chrisakis – [UNCLEAR] difficult Chrisakis, isn’t it? – [UNCLEAR] – For Indians very difficult – Chrisakis Most difficult for us is this French. [UNCLEAR] French is very difficult and also Americans, you know. The way they speak fiirst.
One day you can’t understand them. They go on [UNCLEAR] [LAUGHTER] Then you have to concentrate to learn; A day takes, I take a day to learn their language but now the sahaja yogis are much better. Once you know little bit of Sanskrit, your tongue, I think, gets right [UNCLEAR] – [UNCLEAR] You rest now, Mother. – Alright. Thank you very much all of you. Thank you! Shri Mataji – So, where did he catch the false gurus in India? – I don’t know about where he got with [UNCLEAR] also, [UNCLEAR] and taking names of the gods and he’s been to Hare Krishna also [UNCLEAR]
May God bless you! – Okay